The Communications Officer has a key role in promoting Edunation by creating informative content, press releases, and media opportunities to share our organization’s message and products. The Communications Officer also has a significant role in propelling our brand’s image through consistent messaging and strategy, overseeing the development of brand collateral, and developing internal and external communications and marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials.
- Develop strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions.
- Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies.
- Manage and develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases, and any other distribution channels local or international.
- Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for inside sales use.
- Develop or commission market research as needed.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams for new ideas and strategies.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports.
- Plan, create, and oversee content and production of marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum two years of advertising or marketing experience
- An academic institution experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of the EduTech industry is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
At Edunation, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology. Edunation is an all-in-one digital school and learning management platform. Our mission is to provide a fully functional remote campus, tailored to each client, from pre-schools to high schools. We are proud to partner with hundreds of the MENA region's top academic institutions.
We are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us provide the best learning experience for our clients.
We believe in providing equal opportunity for all to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, vibrant, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Edunation braces an inclusive environment where all people feel equally respected and valued.
We're growing fast to achieve a big mission that drives us every day. Passionate and curious people like you will help us achieve it. A supportive team, inclusive culture, and unique growth opportunities will empower you to do your best and most impactful work at Edunation.